LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usb-6008 Interactive control

Hello everybody,

I have recently purchased a USB-6008 module. I installed the NI-DAQmx Base software and I see the USB in the MAX under Devices and Interfaces. I am trying to get started with taking some measurements and I found the USB-600x Interactive Control.vi in the LabVIEW 7.1\examples\daqmxbase\ folder.

My problem is that when I try to run this vi I get the following error message:

Error -200089 occurred at Task name specified conflicts with an existing task name.
Possible reason(s):
Task name specified conflicts with an existing task name.

Has anyone encountered this before and knows what to do?

Also what is the difference between the Dynamic and the Static examples?

Thanks for the help 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,349 Views)
It looks like you may already have a task created with that particular name. Try to change the name of your task and see if the same behavior is still present.

Since the device you are using is only supported in DAQmx Base, then you cannot use MAX to test the device. There is more information about how to use your device in the NI-DAQmx Base 1.x Getting Started Guide.

On page 13 there are details about how to create a task for a DAQmx Base device. Here's the abbreviated version.
  1. Install the DAQmx Base Drivers
  2. Connect your device.
  3. Go to Start > All Programs > National Instruments > DAQmx Base > DAQmx Base Configuration Utility.
  4. Set your device up in the utility.
  5. Test the task you created with one of the Static examples found at: Start > All Programs > National Instruments > DAQmx Base > LabVIEW 7.X Examples

This should get you pointed in the right direction. If you need more help, try checking out the following links:
Where Can I Find NI-DAQmx Base Examples?
Product Manuals: NI-DAQmx Base Help
What is the Difference Between a Static and Dynamic Example for NI-DAQmx Base?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,335 Views)