LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgraded labview, no longer recognizes DAQ devices

my lab has had a very old installation of license (2008?), and I recently got an instrument and labview driver, but it required a 2016 or later installation of labview to run. I upgraded the computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and installed the current version of LabVIEW. (My university has an updated license for LabVIEW, but my lab never bothered to upgrade before... its an academic lab).

however, now labview doesn't seem to recognize any DAQ devices. we have been using an SCB-68 for DAQ. When i go to device manager and click data acquisition decies, PCB-6035 shows up (this confuses me...). The same shows up looking on other computers that I haven't updated.

Any suggestions? I have not used LabVIEW in some time. The instrument I want to run has a serial input via USB and a driver that requires LabVIEW 2016 or later. When I tried to run it, I got an error, and got bizarre results checking it with CoolTerm.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(630 Views)

Hi y,

@y1ifan wrote:

however, now labview doesn't seem to recognize any DAQ devices. we have been using an SCB-68 for DAQ. When i go to device manager and click data acquisition decies, PCB-6035 shows up (this confuses me...). The same shows up looking on other computers that I haven't updated.

Any suggestions? I have not used LabVIEW in some time. The instrument I want to run has a serial input via USB and a driver that requires LabVIEW 2016 or later. When I tried to run it, I got an error, and got bizarre results checking it with CoolTerm.

• After you install LabVIEW you should install all needed hardware drivers, including DAQmx. Did you?
  • "SCB-68" is just a breakout-box, but is no DAQ device on its own! The PCI-6035 should be installed inside your computer and should be connected to your SCB68 box using a thick cable… (You can always search for such items on NI's website to find information on each item!)
  • Which error did you get? Did you read the error explanation? Mind to share substantial details?
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(623 Views)

As mentioned, after installing LV you need to install DAQ-mx. DAQ-mx only registers to the LV's that's already installed at the time. (If you need several LV version, you can install them all and then do 1 DAQmx. Also 1 DAQmx typically supports 4 LV versions and you can only have 1 installed of those.)

The 6035 is an old card, but from the DAQmx 19 readme i found it's still supported, but i'd assume DAQmx 22 doesn't support LV 2016, so double check before installing.

https://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/374768ab.html#ESeries

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(604 Views)

As other people have said, you may need to update your DAQmx.

Additionally, I've had problems before where, when switching between versions of LabVIEW, some of the old files stuck around during the update and caused problems. If this is the case, the best solution that I've found is to completely uninstall all of your LabVIEW files, and start again with a fresh download to avoid conflict between duplicate driver files. This can be a bit of a hassle, but there are how-to articles on the subject in the knowledge database.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(534 Views)