From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updating the value from call library function

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I am facing a problem configuring a CLF in Labview 2015-64.

I have a dll which is written in C++ (code is available) and need to be called in Labview for indication purposes. The dll should be called once and I need to keep reading the result as it is being updated.

Hier is a sample code in C++, and the goal is to read the sum pointer in LV as it is being updated in dll: (correct me please if the C++ code should be changed!). dll is also here attached.

__declspec(dllexport) void test_sum(int iteration, int waitTime, int *sum)
{
	for (int i = 0; i < iteration; i++) {
		*sum = i + 1;
		Sleep(waitTime); //wait in ms
	}
}

Here is the LV code I have made, it does not crash but just gives me only the last value (here 20). But I expect to copy the memory from the pointer every 2ms in the while loop and showing me the values from 0 to 20! 

dll_Call.JPG

Any help or hint is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,489 Views)

Why is the size 8? An I\U32 is 4 bytes?

You might try not running the dll in the user interface thread. It might block the UI thread regardless the Sleep.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,482 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Skydive

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

You might try not running the dll in the user interface thread. It might block the UI thread regardless the Sleep.

You can leave the "might" away. Make it:

You MUST NOT running the dll in the user interface thread. It WILL block the UI thread regardless the Sleep.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 3 of 4
(2,464 Views)

Hi Rolf and wiebe,

thank you for the quick response. That was totally correct.

I had this problem before but apparently lessons not learned 😞

Hopefully everything will work when I change it to U8-2D array.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,437 Views)