LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updating intensity plot in loop

Hi , 

Can any one tell me how I can update an intensity graphy inside the nested loop that generates data? In my current implementation I use auto indexing but , the graph shows the results after the loops have finished. I have tried a number of things and it seem my problem is that I cant write to single elements of a 2D array without auto indexing. Can any one please provide me any pointers how I can do this? I have attached my VI with this post.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,088 Views)

Hi Umar,

you need to use shift registers then:

check.png

What's the point of updating a graph so fast?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,084 Views)

Hi Gerd,

I eventually want to put the intensity plot in a loop that will be writing to and getting data from my daq (USB 6356). Two analog channels will be written and one will be read. The values written will correspond to the X and Y locations of the intensity graph, and the value read will be plotted as the color. The whole experiment on my hardware takes about 8 minutes. I would like to update the intensity graph as the data is being acquired, so that I dont need to wait  eight minutes every time to see the full data.

Also is there any way to run 2011 snippets in 2010 Labview? I am running 2010 so I just made the vi, but it would be nice if the snippets get converted directly 🙂

Many thanks,

Umar.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,077 Views)

Hi Umar,

Unfortunately you cannot view 2011 snippets in 2010, you would need to save as a whole 2010 VI in 2011 in order to ensure compatibility.

As far as your application goes, am I right in thinking you need to wait after setting the output before you take a reading?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,068 Views)