LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlocking labview while locked in an unaccessable prompt

I'm working with someone else's code so this is not a discussion about whether it was designed properly. The code contains a bunch of VIs with the modal setting and if one of them is either unaccessable or if I accidentally have one of them open when I run the program, the entire labview locks up and does not even give me access to the block diagrams in the background. I then have to kill labview from the task manager. Is there a way to unlock labview instead of having to ctrl-alt-del if an inaccessable prompt is locking it up?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,198 Views)

This is a question that comes up often. Do a search for "abort VI". See, e.g.,

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-stop-a-vi-with-a-dialog-box-that-keeps-popping-up/m-p/1441168...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,194 Views)

We made this VI to keep this from happining. Add it to the main loop of your program.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,188 Views)

Need the typedef for that VI.

That seems like an expensive VI to be using at the top-level. Have you benchmarked the operation of this VI?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,183 Views)

Here is the type def.

You would only exicute this one time. When you start your porgram it looks to see if modal windows are open and tells you. Then you say continue or not and it is done. Not expensive at all.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,178 Views)

Ah, that makes more sense. I thought that VI was meant to be running all the time in the main loop.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,174 Views)

No it was just made to stop (warn you) LabVIEW if you have modal windows open.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,171 Views)