From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uninstall labview runtime 8.5

Hi gaga,

I know that with the complete LabVIEW package, there is an uninstaller. I think that you can use this uninstaller to uninstall the LabVIEW run-time engine. I'm attaching the Uninstall.sh file to this post for you to try out. Let me know if you have any questions.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(2,171 Views)
How to run the Uninstall.sh?
I tried bash ./Uninstall.sh it generates an error message 'cannot execute binary file'.  sh doesn't work either. 
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(2,156 Views)
To run the uninstall script you need to launch it from the Finder by doubleclicking.

You will then be prompted if you want to proceed with the uninstall.

Message Edited by BLAQmx on 04-08-2008 10:44 AM
Mark
NI App Software R&D
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(2,142 Views)
p.s. Some of the Run-time Engine installers (.msi files, on Windows) are included in the NI-DAQ setup images... I was able to right-click those msi-files to select "uninstall".
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,634 Views)

please I need a help, can you help me to give me the file comlete of uninstall of toolkit of labview 2012 because i have the same trouble but I cant Uninstall the anteriere version of labview run time 8.5

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(1,263 Views)

Hi there,

First off - what operating system are you using?  For now, I'm going to assume it's Mac since you're responding in this thread. To get rid of the Run-Time Engine (RTE) you can simply drag the RTE into the trash and delete it there.  Also make sure to delete any dependencies that may still be on your computer.

Julian R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(1,246 Views)

Hi, this doesn't seem to work for LV8.6.1

I need to run two applications, one in LV6.1 and the other in LV8.6.1, both communicating via DataSocket. However, there seems to be a problem with the LV6.1 app using DataSocket v4.5 (installed with LV8.6.1) and I need to revert DataSocket to v4.0

Can anyone advise?

Many thanks

Deon Bester

SALT software engineer

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(1,126 Views)

Hi Deon,

This is an old forum post from 2013. I would recommend creating a new post about this question; this will probably get more visibility than this current post.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(1,111 Views)