LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to set colour "selection" in tables

Hi please advise.

In any of the tables, I should be able to set color on any cells but  I am not able to. In the end I have to double click to make cells colored.

It goes like this, whichever tables, I clicked, the other tables will show colored cells but the table which I clicked, do not show colour. Only it works by double click.

Here ia my attached.

I am using LV7.1

regards

Clement

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,198 Views)

The issue seems to be with the filter event - because you can discard the event, the selection isn't implemented until after the event frame finishes execution, thus leaving you with the previous selection value.

If you change the event to the Mouse Down event, it seems to work fine.

(2,184 Views)

Hi  Thanks.

It works well until I add the function of context menu and mouse down?. It does not work.

I revamped it to simplfy and narrow the problem. Only clicking on the table control tbl_serialno does not register the change in the selected cellI and the selected color does not appear in the selected cell but other.

I used the context menu for the right click in order to acquire the serial number and clicking on it, will direct me to where there will be more details for this number

I  am puzzled. Please advise.

Here is the attached. I am using labview 7.1

regards

Clement

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,154 Views)

The issue hasn't changed. You're reading the SelStart property expecting to find the current selection, but that property isn't updated with your current selection until the event ends.

I see that you added writing to the property, but there are several issues here:

1. You write the value 1,1 into it, which makes no sense.
  2. You have no connection between the property nodes, thus not guaranteeing that the write will happen before the read.
  3. If you add such a connection, LV still uses the old value. You could argue that this is potentially a bug, because if you place the writing in the same property node, LV does use the new value.
I'm not sure why you're using the filter event, since you're not actually doing anything useful with its output terminals. You can simply use the notify event.

(2,137 Views)