LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to delete data files from citadel

Iam using the option "Days to keep historical files" in "Tag Configuration Editor->Configure->Historical Logging Configuration" to delete the old files after 1 day... but even after 4-5 days the the earlier days (1 or more than 1 days old) files are not being deleted. Still the historical data is from the earlier date. Please give me a clue as to how it can be done.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,223 Views)
Hi,

which version of LabVIEW DSC are you using? - In LabVIEW DSC 6.0.2 was a bug and should be fixed in the current LabVIEW 6.1.

However, it might be not a bug at all, because...
"This is not necessarily incorrect behavior. The feature should be called MINIMUM time to keep the data. We will eventually reuse the expired data, but after we run out of all available blocks in all existing THD files. So, we always first fill all existing THD files, before reusing expired data.
And even after that. The database is organized in 4k pages. If part of the page contains expired data (from yesterday), while the rest of it contains new data (from today) we cannot reuse the block. The block stays active and all of its data will be available. So, while we guarantee we
don't overwrite the data before the specified time, we don't guarantee we'll discard them immediately."

Hope this helps
Roland
Message 2 of 7
(3,221 Views)
I ma using Labivew DSC 6.1 but still not able data which is 60 days old is not deleted. As the .THD file is not updated from last 60 days I assume that it if full and as parameter Days to keep historical files is 30 days it should get deleted.
Is some patch or update needs to be applied to make this feature working.

I am using Windows 2000 and labview DSC 6.1

Regards
Uttam
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,172 Views)
Hello Uttam,

The database cannot be full unless your computer runs out of memory. As fars as setting the database to log only 60days of memory. It will start erasing the data on Day1 and keep the data from Days 2 through 61 and so on. I am sure you knew this, but wanted to doublecheck.

If you meant to say that on day 61 you are not seeing the data from that day through your trending chart, please repost.

Regards,

Arun V
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,145 Views)
No I want to say that even after 60 days I am able to see 61th day data.
So I assume that Labview do not immediately erase the earlier data but it even do not delete data which is 90 days old. We can see the data which is 90 days old in HTV even the days to keep data is set to 60.

This means that the feature of days to keep data does not work in Labview DSc 6.1.

Regards
uttam
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,139 Views)
Hello Uttam,

I am running the logging overnight. Let me see if Citadel retains the data.

Regards,

Arun V
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,125 Views)
Hello Uttam,

It was a bug in LabVIEW DSC6.1 and has been fixed in LabVIEW DSC 7

Regards,

Arun V
National Instruments
0 Kudos