LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

udp receiver.vi as a subVI

I'm trying to use UDP Receiver.vi as a subVI.  I've created an output connection from the 'Data out" terminal, but when I run the code, nothing shows on the terminal tied to that connector.  Inside UDP Receiver, Data out displays any packet payload I send from UDP Sender.vi.

For everones conveninece, I've attached my code.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,153 Views)
Can you attach the UDP receiver.vi?  Where is that VI from?  When I tried loading your packet parser.vi, I was unable to find any UDP receiver.VI among my LV installation.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,151 Views)
UDP Receiver is an NI vi, provided as an exampe for the UDP open/close/read/write blocks.  See attached...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,139 Views)

What OS are you using?  I bet it isn't Windows.  When I loaded your library, it said it was converted from a different platform.  I do have UDP Receiver, but it is from a library called UDP.llb not UDP_Receiver.llb, thus the reason it couldn't be found on my system.

Did you modify that library?  If you modify an example, you should rename the file.  It looks like you added a data out indicator and connector to that VI.  The reason you get no data out is because your subVI is a while loop and in order for that while loop to end and see anything in the Data Out terminal,  the front panel as to be open and a user as to hit the stop button.

1.  Don't modify NI supplied VI's or examples without renaming them.

2.  If you want to use this as a subVI, get rid of the while loop and Stop button from the subVI.

Message 4 of 5
(3,134 Views)
Yeah, I'm running linux.  thanks for the pointers.  I'll get back with a report on how it goes.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,129 Views)