LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two loops with a single button for high speed camera images and cRIO data

Hello everyone,

In our project we have a mechanism for two-phase flow and use National Instrument cRIO 9063 DAQ module. In the system, we take pressure, temperature and flow measurements via DAQ. We also want to taking images with a high speed camera. For this,  we use the Phantom Miro 320s. We connected this system to the computer. We also downloaded the phantom camera serial developer kit into the labview and placed it in the enclosed VI file.

We also made a while loop for the data we received from cRIO. Pressing '''Record'' for the camera starts shooting with the current VI.

But the values ​​from cRIO are constantly running. We want to run the camera cycle and cRIO data cycle with a single button. How do you think we can do that?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,718 Views)

You can use another queue to command the cRIO loop when and where to log the data.  Just be sure you are using a timeout on the Dequeue to make sure you are constantly reading.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,695 Views)

Hello Crossrulz, 

I just started working on labview. I have no prior knowledge, since it is relevant to my doctoral dissertation.

Could you please explain a little more?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,676 Views)