LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two indicator on front panel but not on block diagram

Hi
If I have one indicator on block diagram, I want to diplay it on front panel by two indicators which should go high/low togather. But I dont want to show two indicators on block diagram, how can I hide the indicator display on block diagram or how can I get two indicator going high/low togather  on front panel without being shown the other indicator on block diagram.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,990 Views)
I think this is a rather strange request to hide part of the code from you - the developer. If you have two separate indicators, then you will have two separate terminals and the only way to hide one of the terminals on the block diagram is to put it behind something else like the free lable on the decorations palette. Why do you want to hide something on the block diagram? I can understand making the whole block diagram unavailable to users but what is the point of hiding one very small piece of code?
Message 2 of 7
(2,981 Views)
(1) If you do it right, you can have as many indicators you want, for example see my attachments in:

also see also other examples in that thread.

(2) If you have LabVIEW 8.0, you can create an xcontrol. Here you can do virtually anything you want, mix several tpypes of indicators, even do calculations and you still only have one terminal on the diagram. 😄
Message 3 of 7
(2,973 Views)

Hi

yes I want to do the same thing that is multi-indicator Vi example that you have posted on the forum

I tried to do the steps but could not get it work

I first in my Vi place one chart.

Then I right click the chart and tell it advance and customize

It open control, here I placed another chart and save it.

Then in original Vi on front panel I right click to open control VI that I have created  but as soon I placed it on Front Panel I can see an icon placed on block diagram too, Why I am unable to place three or four indicators of different types the way you have placed in you Vi

and what I am doing wrong

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,958 Views)
You're not really doing anything wrong. The method involves a "trick" and is somewhat limited in what you can do.

You cannot place additional controls or indicators after you "Then I right click the chart and tell it advance and customize", however you can modify the existing object. The trick is that certain objects have more than one display (e.g. a chart or a thermometer, etc all have digital displays).

So (in the control editor)...
  1. right-click on the chart and select "visible item...digital display"
  2. Now you have your second indicator that you can modify.
  3. right-click on the just created "digital display" and select "replace", and e.g. replace it with a thermometer.
  4. Now right-click on the thermometer and select "visible items...digital display"
  5. replace the digital display of the thermometer with a gauge.
  6. make the digital display of the gauge visible
  7. replace the digital display with yet another indicator...
  8. etc.etc.
  9. Save

All clear? 😄

Message 5 of 7
(2,949 Views)

Hi

Thanks

it worked great

Can I some how do the same stuff If I want multiple LEDs responding at  different place on my front panel

Like Iam doing this elevator problem

So if it is at a certain floor it will indicate that on all the floors

so in this way I have my logic which says for example my elevator is at  floor two, now all those who are at different floors, should also be able to see the led telling about the floor number

I hope I am able to tell you why I need multiple LEds

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,918 Views)
I still don't understand why you try to do this the hard way. 🙂

Simply place as many indocators as you want on the front panel, then connect them all to the same wire. There is no limit on how many indicator you can connect. Why does it have to be only one single terminal???
Message 7 of 7
(2,915 Views)