LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble installing web server development support for 32 bit

1. I tried doing fresh install of labview, but NI web server development was causing issue, so I unchecked it & installed rest of labview.

2. After install, i update labview and tried again installing web server via package manager.

Rest all of labview is updated

VindhyachalTakniki_0-1676088425537.png

3. got below error

VindhyachalTakniki_1-1676088583332.png

4. In Task manager I have disabled all of NI services except NI service locator, as they are not requried it seems & slows down cpu.

Please advise if any of services is critical and has to be run.,

VindhyachalTakniki_2-1676088752248.png

VindhyachalTakniki_3-1676088773184.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(829 Views)

Sadly, NIPM is not "robust", and will frequently cause installation errors, including with the last two LabVIEW releases.  A decade and a half ago, when LabVIEW was much simpler, installation issues, often involving starting necessary LabVIEW Services  could occasionally creep in, but since LabVIEW 2017 and NIPM, they have become far more frequent.

I notice you have a lot of Services installed, including some I've never encountered.  I wonder if you are "installing too much" and overwhelming NIPM.

Can you please provide some additional information:

• How many (and what, both in Year and in Bits) LabVIEW Versions are installed?
  • What additional Modules and Toolkits (found on the first page of the NIPM Installation) are you using?
  • What Drivers (other than DAQmx, GPIB/IEEE 488, and VISA) are you using?

For what it is worth, I usually install LabVIEW in multiple passes.  Where it is difficult or problematic, I also try to install on a machine with no other NI software installed, for example, by spinning up a VM that doesn't (yet) have LabVIEW.  You want your test system to have only a single "edition" installed.

On the first pass, install only LabVIEW.  No Drivers, no Addition Features (or whatever term VIPM uses).  Reboot.

Second pass, add the minimum-required Modules and Toolkits, again no drivers (NIPM will probably ignore some of these choices and add, say, VISA, without asking).  Be judicious in your Additional Features (I usually add Report Generation Toolkit, as I do use it).  Reboot.

Final pass, add the minimum-necessary Drivers.  Add the Additional Features that are appropriate for you situation (but skip things you won't use -- I skip .NET, for example).  Reboot.

If you get through all this without NIPM suggesting you have Internet issues (don't ask me why this "excuse" is attached to every NIPM failure I've seen, and is almost always a Service that didn't get installed or started), see if you can open and configure LabVIEW.  Prepare to spend quite a bit of time on this (possibly > 1 hour).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(775 Views)

Hi Bob,

1. I have installed complete latest version of labview - 32 bit

2. All previous labview were uninstalled, only except mulitsim and ultibord were kept.

3. There may be lots of components from labview since i did complete install

VindhyachalTakniki_0-1676175227346.png

4. What services I should kept running in labview, as posted in #1?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(761 Views)

If you installed all available Modules and Toolkits in LabVIEW, you need to keep all of the LabVIEW Services running.  But why did you install everything?  You should install only what you need.

I recommend that you do a complete removal of all NI Software (all versions).  I assume (since you've said you've done it once) you know how to do it.  Be sure to run NIPM at least 3 times -- first to uninstall all NI software (including Multisim and Ultibord), second to remove NIPM, and third to remove "old junk that NIPM can't remove" (there can be hundreds of modules still present).

Unlike in the pre-NIPM days, to use "modern" LabVIEW, you want to install the newest software first.  If you need Multisim and Ultibord, and they are not part of LabVIEW 2021, (and you have the means to install them), do them after the (minimum) LabVIEW 2021 system is built.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(729 Views)