LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tree re-initialize to default doesn't work

Hello,
It seems that the Tree "re-initialize to default" doesn't work.  When clearing using "delete all items", then setting "make current value default", then running the program that populates the tree, then re-initializeing to default, the contents are not cleared.  This behavior is the same for the right-click menu, or the "reset to default" method with the tree reference as input.  Is this possibly a bug?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,814 Views)

The "Make Current Value Default" and "Reinitialize to Default Value" options pertain to the actual "value" of the tree control, i.e. the tag of the currently selected tree row.  This is different from the actual contents of the tree.  The same is true for listboxes and multicolumn listboxes...the value is the selected row, not the array of cell text for the entire tree.

Let me know if this explanation makes sense.

-D

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,813 Views)
That makes sense, but I wish there were an easy way to clear the contents.  There is a "delete all" in the right-click menu, but there doesn't seem to be any properties or methods for this.  Whenever adding to it and it's not cleared, tree data is appended. 

Thanks for the info
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,803 Views)

Check out the methods for the tree control...There should be a "Delete" method.  If you don't wire a tag into this method, it will delete all the contents of the tree.  Let me know if you need more information on this.

-D

Message 4 of 5
(2,801 Views)
That works, thanks a  lot!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,796 Views)