LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transition to windows 7

Hello,

Currently I use labview 8.21 on XP along with NIDAQ,GBIP and some other hardware. I have LV on 2 development machienes and usually I build exe files for the computers running the experiments. So, LV runtime and NIDAQ(V.8.7???) on them. In the near future I would like to use windows 7 on a few machienes, but I wont be able to make a sudden transition for all of them. In principle I would prefer the 64bit version but I can live with 32bit as well. It would be easiest for me if I could stay with LV8.21 for a while, but if not I can also upgrade (campus liscence). Of course I dont want to mantain different source code versions....

I'm looking for some advice and experiences from people with a similar scenario. In particular I'm asking the following:

1) does LV 8.21 run (painless) on Windows 7?

2) which NIDAQ drivers do I need for W7 and are there any incompatibilities to previous versions (8.7)

3) what about 64bit and application builder? Does it create 32,  64 or both executables?

4)  Could I use a 32 bit LV version on a 64bit host?

Any comments are welcome, thanks!

klaus

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,141 Views)

Hi Klaus,

First of all, here you find the Product Compatibility of NI Products with Windows 7.

To your questions:

1) does LV 8.21 run (painless) on Windows 7?

LV8.2.1 does not support Windows7 

2) which NIDAQ drivers do I need for W7 and are there any incompatibilities to previous versions (8.7)

Nov09 of Device Driver CD. Have a look at the link I posted

3) what about 64bit and application builder? Does it create 32,  64 or both executables?

There is a 32bit LabVIEW where the Application Builder creates a 32bit exe and a 64bit LabVIEW where it creates a 64bit exe

4)  Could I use a 32 bit LV version on a 64bit host?

Yes. It runs in the 32 bit emulation layer (WOW)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,121 Views)