From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transform driver hp 4396A to hp 4195A

Since there is no driver for the hp 4195A, is it maybe possible to transform the hp 4396A driver to work for the hp 4195A since this is the only network spectrum analyzer driver for Labview 5.1(GPIB) that i cauld find.Or is there a better and more easyer way to get the measurements from my hp 4195A into my Labview 5.1.Thank u
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,699 Views)
You've got a couple of options.

If the command set for the 4195 and 4396 are similar, you could modify the 4396 driver to work for your 4195. Only by studying the programming manuals for both can you determine if that's feasible.

You could request that NI create the driver. If demand is high enough, that's something that they do but since the instrument is old and obsolete, this is probably not very likely.

You could contract with an NI Alliance member to create the driver for you. You can go to http://digital.ni.com/productpages/nialliance.nsf/main?readform and find a member near you.

If you only need a few of the instrument's functions, you could get by just doing a couple of VISA writes and reads inside of your code. Again, you'll have to st
udy the 4195 programming manual to find the commands you need to set up the instrument and then what query to run to get the necessary measurements. You can use MAX to interactively communicate with the instrument and see how various commands work.

Good luck.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,699 Views)