LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transferring data from excel to labview and vice versa

I am very confused to how to do this in labview 8
I have a "questionaire" in MS Excel with "ok" or "not ok" questions and a "remarks" column if "not ok" is selected.
i want to transfer this questionaire to labview by a program and answer the questions in labview by selecting the checkboxes for "ok" and "not ok" questions and write in "remarks" column.
After that i want to have the answers of checked boxes in the MS Excel spread sheet in a column or row.
Can anyone help me in this?
Anish John

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 27
(7,255 Views)

Hiii, Anish john

Actually Check box is a boolean control, so it will check the status and return you either the check box is true or false, and it will be in a boolean, so one thing you can do is, you can store its status as a string, mean if check box is checked you can send the status as true or yes) in the excel file, as same thing you can modify the data into excel file and you can read it into the vi.

For storind the datas into the excel files, you can use the Write to spreadsheet file.vi or write to characters or you can use the method of open, Write and close file method. by taking the file as excel file in the path, it will store the data into the excel file as Tab-delimited file, and same thing you can do for reading the files to retrieve the data from the excel.

Thanks,

Nishant

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 27
(7,241 Views)

Hi Nishant,

Thank you very much for ur prompt reply.

I tried the method you said but it's not working(may be due to my lack of knowledge). Could you please send me a sample code for that.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards

Anish John

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 27
(7,233 Views)

Hiii, Anish

Here i am attaching a vi, inwhich i have given an example how you will write your checkbox's status into the excel file, one thing you have to do is according to the status of checkbox, put the case structure and in that, if status is true then write "checked( or whatever text you want)", string constant into the case structure, else "whatever text you want" in the false case, and i still force you that, if you cansend me your original vi, so that i can modify it properly, which will help you better way, and it will give you more idea to use thiese functions ahead.

Thanks,

Nishant

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 27
(7,225 Views)
Hi Nishant,
Thanks for the code.
Sorry since i was posting the message for first time, I had multiple entries for the same question. Really sorry for that.
Thaks again for the reply.
regards
Anish John
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 27
(7,188 Views)

Hiii, Anish

Hey man do u get something out of my mail?????// if not you can post your vi, so that i will change your vi according the way you want.

Thanks,

Nishant

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 27
(7,184 Views)

i think this will work,,,,,,Smiley Happy

good day,,

manisha

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 27
(7,178 Views)
Hi Manisha,
Thanks for ur code.

Manisha, i would like to know if u can make some changes in the code so that
1. The questions are also tranferred from excel to labview and back.
2. Add the date in the beginning of excel sheet each time I fill the form.
3. I get some weird characters after the answers are written in Excel. Can i remove these characters?

Thank very much in advance!
regards
Anish
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 27
(7,167 Views)
waah,, waah,,!!!!!, more requirments,, haan,,,  Smiley Happy.....

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 27
(7,161 Views)
anish john,,,,
attached VI. and,, as u said ""3. I get some weird characters after the answers are written in Excel. Can i remove these characters? ""..... but i cnt find any bad character,.....

well,,, i think you should now get up and... work,,, right... john,,,

chalo,,, take care
& best regards,,
manisha

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 27
(7,137 Views)