From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trailing the cursor in labview

How can I trail the cursor in LabView on the front panel? I will like to program something that while the code is running, LabView will outline the cursor positions, hence trail the mouse. Is this a possibility, if so can anyone help me with ideas as to how I can do this?

Thank you,

Temi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,407 Views)

A while back Darin K. posted the  "Ultimate.vi" it contains some code that controls the cursor position.  A simialar approach could be used to READ the cursor position and control a FP object's Position property. A shift register would allow you to determine direction ans speed of the mousr to set an effective "trail"

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,395 Views)

Is this waht you mean?

Tim
GHSP
Message 3 of 4
(2,394 Views)

Or, this?  This will have the Boolean indicator follow the mouse around the Front Panel.

18503iEB0A2677D6CF2320

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,371 Views)