LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

traditional ni-daq windows 7

Hi team

I am new to LabVIEW.i want know about how to crate traditional NI-DAQ(Lagacy)devices in NI max. Now I am using windows 7 PC. pls ref attachment for reference

thanks and regards

Mohan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,450 Views)

Download here and install the Traditional NI-DAQ drivers.

They will only work under Windows 7 32 bit.

I'm not sure they can really co-exist with NI-DAQmx drivers like in your picture.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,437 Views)

Hi Mohan,

please read this and that!

Why do you insist on using the TraditionalDAQ driver?

Btw. BMP images are banned because of their filesize. Why don't you save your screenshots as PNG files? (See attachment.)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 3 of 8
(3,436 Views)

Hi GerdW

The code already made by using Traditional DAQ driver. Now I am using window XP PC.I am going to change my pc in windows 7.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,425 Views)

Hi GerdW

The code already made by using Traditional DAQ driver. Now I am using window XP PC.I am going to change my pc in windows 7.

Thanks and regards

Mohan M

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,423 Views)

Hi Mohan,

you need to install the TradDAQ driver as already suggested in the messages above!

Now I am using window XP PC.I am going to change my pc in windows 7.

So you want to replace a PC with outdated OS and outdated hardware driver by a PC with nearly outdated OS and still outdated hardware drivers?

That's what I call "future-proof" development… 😄

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,406 Views)

maintenanace wrote: The code already made by using Traditional DAQ driver. Now I am using window XP PC.I am going to change my pc in windows 7.

This sounds like a good time to update the code to use DAQmx instead of Traditional DAQ.  It will be a really good learning experience.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 7 of 8
(3,362 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

This sounds like a good time to update the code to use DAQmx instead of Traditional DAQ.  It will be a really good learning experience.

Oh yes this.  DAQmx is so much easier to work with.  But even if it was harder, you aren't going to get much support from NI for T-DAQ stuff.  So if something doesn't quite work right, and you are using traditional DAQ on an operating system it wasn't designed, or tested for, then NI might not be able to help you with it anyway.  

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,339 Views)