LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

touch screen monitor

Stephen82 wrote:

What you mean about transparent?When connect Elo touch screen to your computer, LabView how process and how connect to screen to detect user action?Do you work with TCP/IP,UDP connection or OPC Server. Please give me some help.

It is has transparent as using a mouse.  It sounds have if you think this touch screen is more complicated than it really is.  When you use an LCD touchscreen monitor, it installs a driver into Windows.  That driver causes touching the screen to behave just like you were using a mouse.  Nothing more complicated than that.Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 26
(2,121 Views)

I know this is an old post but I don't want to start a new thread of the same topic.

It is possible to control two touch screen panels using the same computer?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 26
(1,703 Views)

Is it possible to control two touch screen panels using the same computer?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 26
(1,690 Views)

Why not?

Your graphics adapter has two outputs and every screen add another mouse to the system.

Gabi 

7.1 -- 2013
CLA
Message 14 of 26
(1,676 Views)

Thanks. My next question is that is it possible to programtically place a pop-up window on extended monitor/ouput?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 26
(1,652 Views)

Yes it is, --> VI Properties 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 26
(1,614 Views)

This in this thread the connectivity of PC to a touch screen monitor is discussed, is the procedure same if working with PXI running windows 7.

Also how to get to know if a touch screen monitor from any vendor is compatible with LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 26
(1,294 Views)

The things discussed in this thread are as valid now with Windows 7 has they were in 2008.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 26
(1,290 Views)

We use ELO touch screens. The Elo drivers act just like a mouse. So there is nothing special you need to as far a programming, except design your GUI with touch in mind. 

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 26
(1,281 Views)

Hi everyone

I have a question regarding Touch Screen Monitor "TSM" product, as I am using one with cRIO system. I was hoping to get the pointer position as you would get mouse position on a Windows-based platform, but it seems NI has not provided anyway to access the pointer position or to get notified if the pen has been pressed (such as a mouse click on Windows based systems).

do you guys know what to do with this problem? any suggestions appreciated.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 26
(1,112 Views)