LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

too slow VI after running the VI for a long time!

I need to restart my computer to be able to re-run a VI if it was off for a while!

The problem is, I am stopping the VI and maybe after a week if I want to use it again, it is really slow "Not responding" and If i want to stop labview and re-start, I can not remove it from the end process! The only way would be to restart the computer and then I am able to launch it properly! Any suggestion to solve this problem? I do not want to restart the computer ...

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,964 Views)

LabVIEW version? Memory use? What does it do? What does it control and how? We need more information.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,959 Views)

version 2012, controlling some mass flow controllers (measuring the flow and temperature), and alos voltage measurment. How can I check the memory use?

I am quiet new with Labview! Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,955 Views)

Your information request is pretty generic and not very specific. Are you running a compiled version or Labview setup. It looks like you are doing the latter, as a result you might have memory leaks and it takes a long time for LabView to get swapped back in.

Are you doing file creations? I found for my system it will take 20-30 minutes to clean the file system out.

What version of LabView are you using? What OS are you using? What does the VI do?

Information on your process is missing thus there is little people can answer or provide any suggestion. Think if you were given the same information and had to diagnose the problem. It is equivalent almost "my program does not work".

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,954 Views)

@hmadi wrote:

I need to restart my computer to be able to re-run a VI if it was off for a while!

The problem is, I am stopping the VI and maybe after a week if I want to use it again, it is really slow "Not responding" and If i want to stop labview and re-start, I can not remove it from the end process! The only way would be to restart the computer and then I am able to launch it properly! Any suggestion to solve this problem? I do not want to restart the computer ...

Why are you stopping the VI? Edit mode has no business in a final application. A VI should either be closed or running (potentially in an idle state). You still have not told us HOW it interacts with hardware (USB, network, PCI, Serial, etc.). Do you abort the program when you are done or do you stop it predictably, closing references and such. Does the program initialize everything properly when you re-run it or is there garbage data left in uninitialized shift registers, for example?

Does everything work as expected if you stop if for less than one week, e.g. for one hour.

Can you show us some code?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,920 Views)

@hmadi wrote:

Thanks

Can you go to your VI, then VI Properties --> Memory usage under category and post a screenshot here ?

Can you tell me what your VI does ? Does it continually generate data and are you logging it ? You could just have a huge buffer building up on your VI. Please post your VI or a snapshot of the core of the VI.

Kudos are the best way to say thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,904 Views)

If possible post your VI here, thats much better than replying to so many questions (which is actually very much needed for someone to help you) asked by experts...

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,894 Views)