LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

toggle key binding property

hi

1. im attaching a simple password vi with 'volt' being its password. i have set a key focus property for the indicator control and toggle key binding property for enter button using enter key. when i press enter key the indicator doesnt read any value typed in it and shows it as blank. it reads the correct value of indicator only on clicking the enter button using mouse

im unable to figure out why it is not reading the indicator value when i press enter key 

i think it has something to do with the toggle key binding property

2. in the same vi there is a string control A. im unable to create its local variable. why?? is it possible to block someone from creating a local variable ??

thanks in advance

rahul garg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,867 Views)

Right click on your string and select "update value while typing" this will solve your password problem.

right click on string "A" and select create local variable option.

With Regards

Miraz
Kudos is better option to thank somebody on this forum
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download All
Message 2 of 4
(2,856 Views)

Hi, gargrahul,

First, you can probe your string to see what value it output.

20141118001.png

Then you can check the string property of Update Value while Typing, and you can realize the string value didn't change if it is unchecked.

20141118002.png

I'm confused with your second question since I can create a local variable of String A in your VI.

Could you give more information?

Message 3 of 4
(2,855 Views)
WOW! thanks miraz and williams that was cool learnt a new thing today kudos for both of u so now the string updates itself when i type a value in it but still can u enlighten me what was happening before or when was string updating itself i placed the string terminal in the secound case of case structure but still it was updating itself late, why ?? yes u can create local variable of string 'A' mayb i pasted a wrong string there but still can u block someone from creating a local variable ?? because i came across one such string while modifying a program was unable to create its local variable and when i clicked on create local variable it created a black colored local variable with no datatype
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,830 Views)