LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to run my application as invisible (on backround)

hi,
         I have an application for Datalogging with OPC server. as i want to run the EXE in memory with invisible as a background to logg the datas..

i tried with using vi reference--property nodes..  i can only hide the window....but i want to hide on taskbar itself... it should not show the vi is running or not to the user, also would be run automatically at start-up on windows..

. find and suggest me how to do this application...?..

Regards,
Balaji DP
Applications Engineer,
Gantner-Instruments India Pvt., Ltd.,
Chennai

Regards,
Balaji DP
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,021 Views)
Hi skanchap@…,
afaik you can use the invoke node of the vi with the function FP.open, use the hidden state.
Mike
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,019 Views)
I searched these forums with the following text "run labview as a service"

See this thread:

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,015 Views)
Have you tried to add following line in your .ini file for your exe ?
    hideRootWindow=TRUE
George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,993 Views)

hi,

thank you , this FireDaemon Service Manager is quite more interesting... its working well.. but, i have been working in labview application developing from the past 3 years, in labview i found nothing to be impossible, i am a right?..so, i want to do my application with labview itself only... not with third party software..

also i tried with vi reference--->front panel-- state...but  its hidding only the front panel, its showing on taskbar....its just look like window as minimise.. i dont want that type of aplication...i want to hide completly from my window... it should show only on the task manager, as the exe is running or not..

regards,

Balaji DP

Applications Engineer,

Gantner-Instruments

Regards,
Balaji DP
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,960 Views)

Hi Balaji,

see the attched example please and insert this key into your LabView.ini: hideRootWindow=True.

Mike

Message 6 of 6
(2,958 Views)