LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to connect two different controls on front panel by wire during run time

As per attached image, is there any way to connect two different controls by wire during run time on front panel.

Is it possible in labview?
well i m new to labview, please help regarding this..
thank u in advance 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(2,954 Views)

@alisa87 wrote:

As per attached image, is there any way to connect two different controls by wire during run time on front panel.

Is it possible in labview?
well i m new to labview, please help regarding this..
thank u in advance 

Did you do any of the (free) courses? This sounds like you're missing the very basics.

A control is a data source, and you can't wire it to another data source directly. You can use a local for that. But it would be better to use an event structure.

It's not entirely clear what you want to do. The image really does not help a hole lot. Please explain what behavior you want.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(2,924 Views)

thanks for your reply!!!!!!!!

Actually i need to pass control as a input  to the control in sub vi and its symbolic representation should be available on front panel as that of earlier attached image.
I am aware that it is possible in block diagram but my main concern is to show it on front panel & it should work as same

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(2,918 Views)

Hi Alisa,

my main concern is to show it on front panel

You can use an arrow (from decorations) to create such images in the frontpanel of your VI…

To create such things "at runtime" you could use a 2DPictureIndicator and draw your desired sketch into this indicator using the picture functions!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(2,912 Views)

yes i can do it by arrow from decoration.
but...

let me explain it
1.User click on control of main VI
2.Next if user click on another (subvi) control which is present on front panel of main vi.
3.then it should represent arrow as connecting these two controls on main vi

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(2,909 Views)

Hi Alisa,

1., 2., 3.

- Detect mouseclicks using the event structure.

- draw an arrow using a PictureIndicator (or a XY graph) based on the positions of the mouseclicks (or the positions of those "controls")

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(2,901 Views)

will u please post vi for my reference ?

what i m working on is a big application and taking a long time
as i m labview beginner ,it is taking more time for me to create
its a humble request!!!
if possible please attach a vi for reference

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(2,897 Views)

Hi alisa,

I attached a simple example: a line is drawn from origin to mouse position…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(2,886 Views)

Alisa,

Please do yourself (and the Forum) a tremendous favor and spend several hours, or, better, several days, viewing as much tutorial material (starting with all of the things mentioned on the first page of this Forum as you can view, then selective Web searches for topics that are still unclear, plus looking at the "manuals" that are embedded in LabVIEW in the Help system and in the Examples).  Is there a Class you can take?  Is there a LabVIEW Guru you can befriend?  If you are at a University and if there are LabVIEW Users (Professors, Graduate Students, classmates) around, "watching over their shoulder" and asking "Why (or How) did you do that?" is not a bad way to quickly get "up to speed".  Note that LabVIEW Developers tend to "enjoy" using LabVIEW, and are often quite happy to help one-on-one get someone else "infected" with the LabVIEW bug.

This is much more efficient than getting us to "do your homework for you", or asking step-by-step questions on the Forum, particularly when you don't know enough to provide us with good information to understand your questions/problems.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(2,851 Views)

@alisa87 wrote:

what i m working on is a big application and taking a long time
as i m labview beginner ,it is taking more time for me to create
its a humble request!!!

I strongly recommend not to learn "beginner" LabVIEW by trying a "big" application. Who assigned you this task?

Your original looks more like VEE, and it is still not entire clear what you want to do. A lot of front panel graphics can be done by customized booleans with different embedded pictures for the two states (... and if you need more than two states, a picture ring). I assume that the total number of possibilities are small.

Instead of just showing one picture, show us how the FP look should change under the various conditions. What triggers a change?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(2,840 Views)