From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

timing violation on NI 9149 but not on cRIO

I get the Timing Violations error when compiling an acquisition using the NI 9205 module on my NI 9149.

I have tried compiling on the 40, 80 and 120MHz clocks with same results. I am not performing any complex tasks as yet so why am I getting this issue.

When I compile same on my cRIO, it compiles fine with no issues

I have copied the timing violations details here and theFPGA file 

Path 1

This non-diagram component is required in the design. Internal name: /Crio9233Resource3/Crio9233ResourceCorex/Crio9233x/Crio9233AdcSyncHandlerx/cSync_n_reg.
This non-diagram component is required in the design. Internal name: /dio25_INST_0/O.

Path 2
This non-diagram component is required in the design. Internal name: /cRio9205_Resource2/Crio9205ResourceCorex/cRio9205x/cRio9205CommSmx/cShiftReg_reg[15].
This non-diagram component is required in the design. Internal name: /dio13_INST_0/O.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,871 Views)

So I have solved the problem.

I created a new project. Added my ethernet RIO and modules then recoded the failing VI in the new project. I also did not add a loop count. I compiled as I added more functionality to try and be aware of what could trigger the error. I noticed that at the early stage of coding, the presence of Loop Count gave the same error.

The strangest thing is that when the coding was almost completed, I added a Loop Count and no error was thrown. Strange indeed.

Hope this helps someone. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,696 Views)