From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

timed loop in a subvi, one or the other runs but not both.

I have a vi with two sub vis. Each sub vi contains a timed loop that updates a global variable. In the top level vi I read from each global and display its content. When I run the top level vi I see only one global counting but not both. If I start and stop the top level vi the sub vis take turns counting but they never both count. If I replace the timed loop with a while loop in each subvi then both count. If I move the two timed loops from their respective sub vis and place them in the top level vi then both globals show counting. Can any body explain what is going on.

I'm using Labview 2010 SP1.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,095 Views)

Never Mind!

When I cloned the subvi I forgot to change the structure name of the timed loop. Placing an error indicator inside the subvi disclosed the error -808 (Error -808 occurred at an unidentified location. Possible reason(s):LabVIEW:  The given name is already being used by the following timed structure.).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,086 Views)