From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time stamp

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I noticed an interesting case of using timestamp. I create my applicaiton in Window XP English version. When installed the created installer in French version, the generated current time has different order. In english version, it is month/date/year by default, but on the PC with French version, it is Date/Month/Year. Does any one have any idea on how to fix it? How could I find out the window version is french or English?

Thanks,

Ott

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,610 Views)

The data itself does not change, only the representation is changed.

By default the representation is a local one (%z), to get a system independent time representation have a look at  the Time format codes.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,587 Views)
LabVIEW timestamp representations default to the SYSTEM time display format.  just change either the system settings OR create a strict type def that specifies the desired representation.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,574 Views)

Thanks.

By the wy, I checked the Data and Time setting in the control panel. They are the same.

Where should I make the change?

Thanks,

Ott

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,566 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Opt_Ottawa
In that case

Opt_Ottawa wrote:

Thanks.

By the wy, I checked the Data and Time setting in the control panel. They are the same.

Where should I make the change?

Thanks,

Ott

You will need to make a strict type def to hold the display style.  Then replace each time stamp front pannel object with the type def.  

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,562 Views)