cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time out error

Solved!
Go to solution

hi 

i am getting timeout error in my exe file but its working in laptop but its not working in desktop basically i m doing mannully x and y axis using servo motor drive first m doing in mannully and i ll store the data and after i ll do  automatically by the time i 'm getting timeout error in desktop. In same desktop before it was working now its getting time out error. please tell me the solution. actully i change the desktop  in that desktop also m getting time out error ... please tell me the solution .

thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,347 Views)
I don't have a solution since I barely understand the question. What sort of hardware do you have and what is the connection to the computer? What drivers are you using and what did you install on the deployment pc?
Message 2 of 8
(3,341 Views)

selvam wrote:

i am getting timeout error in my exe file.

TIMEOUT error refers to, when some code (or a section of code) is trying to do 'something' and it didn't happened before a predefined time elapsed. At many instances you may want to, for example, communicate with an instrument say over serial (RS232). Now in order to start the communication the first step would be, establish a connection (between computer and instrument). But if there is some issue and its not possible to establish the connection, you cannot wait forever, rather you'll wait for some predefined time (say 10 or 20 seconds) and if the connection doesn't establish within this duration then you may want to call it TIMEOUT.

You might already know about the TIMEOUT...!! But in your problem statement you never mentioned anything which could be responsible for throwing this TIMEOUT error.

You can post the exact error code Or snapshot. If possible post your code, so that people around can help you better.

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

Message 3 of 8
(3,332 Views)

thank you 

actually i am using two delta servo drive for x and y motion of the system which is operated by RS 485 modbus protocol this is the hardware configuration. while i do auto positioning through modbus vi read write vi i am getting time out error particular cpu(windows sp2 xp) so kindly help me to short out the problem. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,323 Views)

@selvam wrote:

actually i am using two delta servo drive for x and y motion of the system which is operated by RS 485 modbus protocol. 

Is there any software supplied with the servo drive, are you able to communicate with any of these servo drives using its software....??

Where is your VI/Code??? Can you attach manual provided with the servo drive...???

Without any of these, its hard to guess what is wrong in your code.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,313 Views)

i am using delta servo motor drive software only i can access through labview, every time i am not getting time out error but some instaneously i am getting this error. i am getting this error in only desktop, but 'm not getting error in laptop 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,309 Views)

Sorry, not able to get the problem statement.

If you're saying that the code works fine on some machine and doesn't on another... you need to feed us some more inputs...

-> Is the executable (runtime environment) working fine on any of the machines OR is it just the code (development environment) working fine...???

-> What kind of hardware are you using (RS-485), is drivers required by this hardware properly installed...???

Highly recommend you to send the code or atleast more details.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,297 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author selvam

Hi i got the answer...... i solved the problem my problem i already mention above (in laptop its working in desktop its not working )           finally i solved the problem that is (i am using delta servo motor drive, in that i was using communication cable connection  is not grounded )in connection only . finally i given the connection now its working fantastic  ....

thank u for ur valuble replay................:P

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,255 Views)