cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time matching - eurotherm controller to labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to send a time write command from labview2014 to the eurotherm 3504 controller but its not matching , i tried in manipulations  but it is  not working, as both are non-linear . The loop which i made is working from 00:00:00 to 02:44:49 so, i'm simply stuck in here trying to figure out how to finish a project, with something new to me on a very limited period of time, so your help will be greatly appreciated.. Thanks 

sanvish_0-1673342125287.png

sanvish_1-1673342584235.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(1,298 Views)

Hi sanvish,

unfortunately you decided not to attach real code (aka VI), but only an image of your code.

You know we cannot edit/debug/run images in LabVIEW!?

Even worse you decided not to use AutoCleanup so we cannot see all wires and their connections…

@sanvish wrote:

The loop which i made is working from 00:00:00 to 02:44:49 so, 

What happens at 2:45:00? What happens before 00:00:00? Does the same happen on all days or only on specific dates?

Does your Eurotherm device expect time in seconds since LabVIEW epoch?

Why do you manipulate the seconds value using negative numeric constants?

Why don't you work with UTC time?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(1,291 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Thanks for the reply.

I missed attached the .vi file..last time ...

the objective  is to make a on off controller using lab view with euro therm controller . i am able read the time in the controller to lab view through data socket and read -write the day. when i give write command to the time value i finding mismatch of the time to the device and lab view .

if i used UTC time i am getting generic error in the data socket write. the euro therm controller is accepting time stamp ..in decimal value format , not in seconds ,in the controller 1 sec(00:00:01) is input means 1000 in decimal value.,hence i tried to match the time stamp entry into decimal and write command on the controller.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(1,224 Views)

Hi sanvish,

@sanvish wrote:

the euro therm controller is accepting time stamp ..in decimal value format , not in seconds ,in the controller 1 sec(00:00:01) is input means 1000 in decimal value.

It really would help to provide a manual for that controller (or a link to the manual)…

See this:

(You might need to add timezone-specific offset…)

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(1,219 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Thanks for the reply.. will try tat

PFA - controller manual 

regards.,

Sangeetha

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(1,209 Views)

A short dive into that manual didn't provide (me)  the details for the communication protocoll. I'm shure there is a documentation provided by eurotherm, but I have not time to dig in deeper.

but some years ago I had about the same task and used the eurotherm driver provided by the driver network .. (help/find instruments driver...)

have you tried that?

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(1,192 Views)

Hi Henrik_Volkers,

I am able communicate and read  the controller through labview.. and even change the day values in the controller .i facing difficulty to change and match the time of the controller from labview

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(1,173 Views)

I would download the driver and have a look how they did it 😉

My guess: Something in the protocol , most probably the time format or some surrounding characters are not correct.

what is the manual saying?

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(1,129 Views)

Hi Gred,

If we take the current time  as per the png. file  and write through the data socket to the controller its not matching to the system time .its differing in hours..

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(1,101 Views)

Hi sanvish,

@sanvish wrote:

Hi Gred,

If we take the current time  as per the png. file  and write through the data socket to the controller its not matching to the system time .its differing in hours..

As I wrote before: you need to apply timezone correction…

Btw. I appreciate when my nickname is written correctly. 😄

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(1,094 Views)