cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time contol of filterwhell fw102 of thorlabs with labview

Solved!
Go to solution

hi,

I'm looking for someboby having experiences with the filterwheel fw102 of thorlabs (or something close).

I just startet with labview. I want to create a sequense for the filterwheel, so that the weel changes position after a definded time and all the filters are passed throught.

the problem is, that there are different sub-vis, but I don't know which one to use. they are called  "fw102x get on time", "get off time", "get time", "set on time", "set off time" or "set read delay time".

please help!

thanks!!!

lucky-s

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,174 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lucky_s

I solved the problem!  Smiley Happy

I just don't need this time-vis, I use a while-loop with delay.
but thank for those thinking about my problem.

bye, lucky_s

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,150 Views)

I have been looking all over for the same thing. I am starting out new, never using LabView before, and I have to get two of these filter wheels working from one computer. I was hoping someone would be able to help me with some basics of how to get LabView communicating with the filter wheel and if possible, how to get it to work with Maxim DL.

Any tips will help. I'm feeling very lost with this.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 10
(5,046 Views)

hi.

sorry for responding so late.

are you still looking for an answer?

I just took the INITIALISE.vi, the SET_POSITION.vi and the CLOSE.vi in a row and that's it. because I needed to set the position more than once, I put a while-loop around the set_position.vi.

do you need an example?

Message 4 of 10
(4,991 Views)

lucky_s wrote:

do you need an example?

Please post it. It may help someone else in future. You may got lot of wishes from them.

Thanks for your understanding,

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,987 Views)

I -think-I used to have one of these in the lab.

I had problems determining when the filter change was complete since the wheel responds to receiving the command to change but does not send anything upon completing.

I got around this problem by simply sending the same change command twice.  The first one is received immediately and responded to immediately whereas the second one can only be processed AFTER the change is complete.  This way I was able to avoid static waits and my measurements got significantly faster since the filter wheel changes can take different amounts of time.

In case anyone has the same problem.

Shane.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,984 Views)

hi everyone.

so here is an example (filterwheel.vi) how to control the filterwheel. the sub-VIs came with the filterwheel, you can find them in the FW102x.LLB. I also attached the LLB below.

the VI is written in LabView 8.5.

best wishes,

lucky_s

Message Edited by lucky_s on 04-09-2009 03:01 AM
Download All
Message 7 of 10
(4,958 Views)

Hi,

I am a newer to Fw102B, a filter wheel from Thorlabs. I want to use LV to control the filterwheel. I did not use the trigger signal. Only DC plug and USB port are connected.

After I install the driver, the filter wheel is controllable by using the installed program 'FW102B.exe'. Also Fw102B can be controlled manually.

However, when I run the 'Fw102Sample.vi', which is installed in the same directory of 'FW102B.exe', error occured. 

Code: -1073807343

FW102x Initialize. vi <ERR>

Driver Status: (Hex 0xBFFF0011)

Insufficient location information or the device or resource is not present in the system

Primary Error: (Hex 0xBFFA1190)

The session handle is not valid.

Also I tryied the 'Filterwheel.vi' provided by lucky_s. The problem is still there. Anyone has idea what the problem is and how to resolve it?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,510 Views)

hello lucky_s,

were the subVIs you've uploaded avaiable for LabView 8.5 or how did you them? 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,659 Views)

Hi, I was wondering if you could help me. Recently, I've had to update my Labview program as I've had to change from FW102B to FW102C. However, every VI on the filter wheel gives me an error. It keeps lookin for Optimet Sensor/Utility/Error which I don't have. Do you happen to know where I can download this Error sub VI? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(1,966 Views)