LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time changes when sent via shared variable

I am trying to send time data to a client PC using a network published shared variable.  I read the time data from the host PC via the Get Date/Time In Seconds Function then use the Type Cast Function to convert the time to a SGL 1D array. The data associated with the time is already in a SGL 1D array.  I use the Build Array Function to combine time and data and then write the new SGL 1D array to a network published shared variable on the host side.  On the client side I split the array to separate the time and data and use the Type Cast Function to create a timestamp to display.  The time displayed is exactly 7 hours off from the host.  Minutes, seconds, and date are correct only the hours are wrong.  I do not have this problem if I do the same process on the host PC.  Any ideas why?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,173 Views)

I bet you are in either the Mountain Time Zone of Pacific Time Zone.  Not sure, and too lazy to look it up.

My hypothesis:

Somewhere, your software is interpreting the local time as UTC or vice versa.

Solution:

Make sure you are always in UTC and add the correct amount for the time zone or something like that.

-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,163 Views)