LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tilt angles for 3 axis accelerometer(ADXL335)

Solved!
Go to solution

Can anyone please give me some clues in how to find tilt angles. I have developed a code to read the data. But now interested in finding the tilt angles.

Thank you.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,781 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bufferlab

Capture.png

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 9
(3,756 Views)

Thank you for the help. When I am running the code I am getting this error.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,715 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bufferlab

Increase the number of bytes to read. Ideally, the read would be automatically stopped by a \r\n, so you can put the not of bytes to read to 100 or whatever.

Message 4 of 9
(3,700 Views)

Thank you that worked. I have a quick question is the tilt angle same as azimuth and polar angles? I not, can you give me a hint to calculate them.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,689 Views)

With a new poster this time of year I played safe with a potential homework question.

For completeness and for other that look at the solution I'l come back and explain.

RA is Right Ascension Abbreviated with  RA or a lower case alpha it is the angle Eastward (to the left if facing South) on a plane orthaginal to the Z axis.  The second parameter for spherical coordinates is declination (dec or LC Delta) an is the angle north of the X axis.  The distance would be the square root of the of the sum of the squares of the two Rho components. 

And since I cross posted with the OP

EDIT

Assuming you gave something like a Game controller.  Z is Up floor to ceiling through the center of the controller, X is the line passing through you body and the Z axis at right angles,  Y is to your right.  RA tells you how far the controller is tipped to your left, Dec  tells you how far it is tipped toward you.  You can't tell which way you are facing without two  accelerometers, and lots of integration or a compass heading.

Message 6 of 9
(3,685 Views)

Thank you. I have calculated it differently. I want to know is there a  way to represent all the 3 graphs of acceleration in one. I have a quick question about insta. acceleration, how to calculate it?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,658 Views)

Use the context help (Ctrl+h) and hover above the graph terminal to see how you can set multiple graphs.

Message 8 of 9
(3,655 Views)

@bufferlab wrote:

Thank you. I have calculated it differently.*A I want to know is there a  way to represent all the 3 graphs of acceleration in one *B. I have a quick question about insta. acceleration, how to calculate it?*C

A.  No, you haven't you just duplicated the Complex to Polar calculations for angle.

B. Yes several

C. "Up" I really have a lot of fun when people ask me "Hey, Jeff! What's up?" they get funny looks on their faces when I reply  "The direction represented by the vector sum of all gravitational forces applied to a given body at a specific point in space and time."  Sqrt (X^2+Y^2+Z^2)

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,642 Views)