LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thesis topic for masters in labview for sensor networks

Hi

I am in sensor networks lab, and want to decide  masters thesis where I can use labview also.

is there any idea ? I ll be very thankful

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,775 Views)
I would like to drive some vehicle, could you tell me which? Hope you got it. The masters thesis topic is not something that somebody tells you but something that comes from the needs of the lab you work for or from the need of industry ect. LabVIEW in general can be used in variety spheres where some measurement or automation is involved.
LV 2011, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,771 Views)
The term "sensor networks" is far too broad and vague. What kind of sensors? What kind of network? What kind of industry? You should peruse some of the solutions presented in the NI Solutions site and from the NI Developer Zone. Several hits come up when searching for "sensor networks". You're bound to get a good idea from there. Good luck! Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 7
(4,746 Views)

Thanks for your killing reply about limiting my scope.

Is it possible to write a masters thesis about "wireless  sensor networks" without using the ni-card  (or hardware), but only with Labview software that I have purchased. I mean that some simulation or some calculations using only Labview software not hardware (real world).?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,721 Views)

If you're going to write a thesis you'll probably have to prove it works. If you can prove your wireless sensor network thingy works without one of them cards, then you don't need one. If you can't, you'll need some hardware.

My guess would be that it's going to be rather hard to get access to a wireless sensor network without some sort of hardware. Perhaps you could come up with some clever simulation though, but you'll have to find out if that's possible or not, in the early stages. If you do some research on that, and document it properly you could even use that in your thesis

I know it's real hard to limit the scope. I too am currently working on my thesis, and the possibilities seem endless. Properly defining limits prevents from doing a lot of unneeded work, or just too much work for the time you have to complete it. If you're doing it for some company or university, they might have a budget for the hardware you need. Just make sure you know what you need, and tell them. 

Not sure how much use this is to you, but I just thought I should say it. 

Good luck, 

Jacco

Message 5 of 7
(4,716 Views)

Hello SIR,,

I am doing M.E.(instrumentation and control) . Can u please suggest me any topic related to LABVIEW so that i can do my thesis work in that topic. please reply as soon as possible.

I shall be very thankful to you

Regards

Rupinder

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,850 Views)

Hey Rupinder,

What kind of hardware do you have to implement control? Also, what are the LV modules you have? 

There are many things you can do for your thesis that would involve LV and instrumentation and control; for example you could build and control a plant and establish how you could model and simulate the plant and match it up using the implementation of it.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

A. Zaatari

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,812 Views)