LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

there has a error "you can't use more that two dimensions " when i use office excel report

problem as fellow ,please give some suggestions!

无标题.png

无标题.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,036 Views)

Excel has no way to write out a 3d (> 2D) array.  We can't see the code off to the left but I suspect that somwhere over there, you have an array that has more than two dimensions.  You can resize the array, if that will make sense for your data.  You can trim off the excess dimensions of the array (again if that makes sense for your situation). 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,017 Views)

A 3D array is an array of 2D arrays. The way this would look in excel if you wanted multiple 2D tables, is you would have multiple tabs with each tab containing a 2D table. You can't do this the way your code is set up, but you can create new tabs and write the 2D arrays to each tab.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,010 Views)

Yes you are right .my array is data from tdms file that has a group name T and only chanel Time,,the datatype is datetime,i find it  1D array,but there is a error says more than two dimensions.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,006 Views)

Sooo.... do you need help fixing your code so that you are only building a 2D array to write to file? Because it sure seems like you're trying to write 3D. If so, you need to share more information, most importantly your code. Please include a Snippet of your code, or attach your VIs..

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,000 Views)

I fetch data  by use a offset and sise(lehgth) from tdms,there just one chanel,so one coll logically i think,why  more 2D,i will give you the code  tomorrow,thank you again.is there a way can reduce dimensions?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,993 Views)

_Also i find the 1D array data from tdms automatically have  indexes

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,991 Views)

@Skywalker008 wrote:

is there a way can reduce dimensions?

This depends greatly on how your 3D array is being generated. Logically, yes, if you are pulling in 1 channel, it is strange that you are getting a 3D array, soy uo must be doing something that you don't realize. This could be a simple case of auto-indexing out of two nested For loops. Really, we can't tell what you're doing without the code, though.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,987 Views)

It is the code-- Desktop.rar

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,961 Views)