LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the vi is not in a state compatible with run vi method

Solved!
Go to solution

I try to run a 'DAQ write' vi in a subpanel. It complains its not able to run it with the message above. I use the teststand API to get the subpanel vi's.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(2,694 Views)

It doesn't appear that the problem is related to the subpanel because you only insert it into the subpanel after you start it running - and it it the Run method that is failing. One thing to try is instead before running the VI open its front paenl to see what state it is in. There is also a VI property called "Execution.State" that will tell you what state the VI is in.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(2,679 Views)

"Execution State" is returning me at the start 'Run top level' and at the end 'Idle'.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(2,664 Views)

I can't put a reference to "this vi". It states inlining is enabled. How can I disable inlining?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,658 Views)

I got it disabled. The state of the vi is 'run'.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(2,654 Views)
Are you still getting the error from the run method?
Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,645 Views)

I still got the error. But the vi runs. It seems it only display the error. But the run vi method works.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,629 Views)

It probably means the VI is already running when you run the code.  Without being able to see the whole thing, it appears that unless you stop the code when you swicth VIs for yout subpanel, you would get this error.

The first time the VI runs and you put it in the subpanel.  Simply removing it from the subpanel will not cause the VI to stop running.  So, if you start it running somewhere else, or the VI is set to run when opened, you'll get an error everytime you try to invoke the Run Method.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,625 Views)

Matthew, the vi is not running before it goes to the switcher. It errors even at the first loading into the subpanel.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,619 Views)

You may need to post an example that demonstrates your problem.

What are you doing with the subPanel before your while loop.  You cut off the code that is there.  Also note that if an error occurs before the while loop, the error handler doesn't clear the error, and you will have an error for each while loop iteration.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,614 Views)