From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the table to be printed is wider than one page

hi,
  the Width of table to be printed is wider than one page. even i set the print direction is horizontal, it still more than the paper. and i need to print the whole table on a page. so, is there some method to solve this problem?
  best regards!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,455 Views)

Hi xyl,

one solution is to shrink your table. I don´t know how big your table is, but maybe it helps to shrink also the margins.

Hope it helps.
Mike

Message Edited by MikeS81 on 06-24-2008 09:08 AM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,454 Views)

thanks for your help. i can't shrink the table because the cell of table is already the smallest. i am thinking if there is some method to make one row into 2 rows or even more.  For example, the width of table is fixed, if the content is longer than the table, the longer part will automatically moved to the second row. Do you have some idear about this?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,434 Views)

Do you have the ability to configure the print, such as selecting Landscape for layout.  Or setting up the printer's default to landscape.  Or using Legal paper?

Is the table in Labview or did Labview fill the cells of another application, such as Excel?  If so, you could also select print > fit to page.

RayR

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,432 Views)
can you explain how you print the table? Is this just a table indicator on the front panel?

In this case you can set the I/O to scale to the page. Look for the printing option in the VI properties.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,430 Views)
i'm really appreciate for all your helps. But i am so sorry that i failed again. The VI is just like this: 
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,410 Views)
Hi xyl,

this table is atleast 240 characters wide. Using "Arial, 10pt" I can fit ~130 chars on a landscape A4 sheet...

Solution: setup some scaling in your printer driver or use some 5pt font!
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,408 Views)