LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the set point in PID control is Sine wave with offset. the output control from PID vi is to drive servovalve with +/- 10 V dc Question is how do you generate sine wave with offset for PID tuning?

serach the LabView examples for buffered output generation.
You should be able to gennerate various types of waves, with different frequencies , offsets, and amplitudes.
One particular example is a function generator that vyou can modify and experiment with
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,192 Views)
The example I think the Dr. is talking about is called "Function Waveform Generation". In the NI Example Finder, you can search on the keyword "function" and you should be able to find it. Please let us know if you have any problems finding the VI.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,178 Views)

Hi,

I have the same problem. As I send the sine waveform, the system only takes the amplitude value wired and it stops there.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,665 Views)

The vi you are referring to from the LabVIEW examples contains the  Waveform Buffer Geneartion.vi, which lets pass the amplitude.  This vi calls Basic Function Generator.vi   where you can set the offset. 

Currently, The offset terminal in Waveform Buffer Geneartion.vi  is left unwired (defaults to zero).  You may want to wire the offset terminal there.

I suggest that you edit the code and pass the offset as a parameter.    The best practice is not to alter the vi's that ship with LabVIEW, but make a copy of them (under a different name) and then edit those vi's.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,660 Views)

I am sorry, but I actually have misread the question. I don't want the offset, but I want the sine wave to be sent to PID vi. PID setpoint terminal only reads DBL, if I am not mistaken. It only reads the amplitude.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,649 Views)