From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text file

Iam having a VI,which reads the data form sensor and stores it in a text file.but the problem is when ever I run the VI it is always overwriting on the same file.But what I want is when ever I run the VI,it should store the each and every text file separetly but not overwriting the previous file.pls tell me how can I do this.here iam attaching my VI.Iam using labview 7.1
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,615 Views)
Hi there,

If you really wish to have the data stores in different/ separate text files, make sure that you have different filename to the filepath.

You may, for instance, differ the filename by appending the system time to your filename.

i.e. DATA_191055.txt

Hope this gives you a clue to your problem.

PS: A similar example of file logging attached
Ian F
Since LabVIEW 5.1... 7.1.1... 2009, 2010, 2014
依恩与LabVIEW
LVVILIB.blogspot.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,611 Views)
Hi there,

If you really wish to have the data stores in different/ separate text files, make sure that you have different filename to the filepath.

You may, for instance, differ the filename by appending the system time to your filename.

i.e. DATA_191055.txt

Hope this gives you a clue to your problem.

PS: A similar example of file logging attached
Ian F
依恩与LabVIEW
LVVILIB.blogspot.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,606 Views)
tahnk for the reply,but there is no file attached to the message.pls snd me the file
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,606 Views)
Sorry... I have reattached the VI

Cheers!
Ian F
依恩与LabVIEW
LVVILIB.blogspot.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,603 Views)
What I have done is added the date to a filename to give it a new name. That is if you create a new file once every day. If not, you can also add the time to it also.
Ron Deavers, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,591 Views)