cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text file + combobox

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys,

I'm about to give up on this, I've searched all day about this and no one have the same thing that I want...

I have a txt file that is like this

Red red.png

Yellow yellow.png

Blue blue.png

N-Color ncolor.png

Using this file I want to create a combobox that its items and values have:

Items | Value

Red | red.png

Yellow | yellow.png

...etc

Right now I'm using Read text from File and Spreadsheet String to array but I can't figure out how to achieve this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,724 Views)

Post a VI of what you have tried so far.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,713 Views)

here it is, is not very useful really...

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,709 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lord_nox

You want to write to the Strings And Values property.  I also recommend using the Read Lines option on the Read Text File and then a FOR loop to parse each line (Match Pattern with a tab as the desired pattern).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 10
(3,688 Views)

Thank you so much for the answer, I'll check it tomorrow in college and i'll answer, thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,677 Views)

Hi Crossrulz, I'm making the VI that you send me and I have a little issue (I think)

Is with the array that goes to the bundle, here is the picture...

foro2.PNG

I create an Array Constant to the Index Array Input, can you please tell me what's wrong? thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,644 Views)

Hi nox,

create this array constant directly from your combobox "strings&values" property node!

(This way it will be a typedefinition as shown in Crossrulz' snippet! Btw. you need an array of cluster as is written in the context help of this property node…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 7 of 10
(3,641 Views)

By the way there is no need to recreate the VI.  The image CrossRulz has the VI embedded in it as a snippet.

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/9330/en/

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,629 Views)

@lord_nox wrote:

I create an Array Constant to the Index Array Input, can you please tell me what's wrong? thanks!

Right-click on the StringsAndValues[] input and select Create->Constant.  That will be the array of clusters you should be using.

As an aside, I always find Type Def of an array to be painful for a user.  The contents of the array should be the Type Def (in this case, the String/Value pair cluster), making things a lot more modular and easier to use.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 9 of 10
(3,627 Views)

Thanks to everyone, is working! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,603 Views)