From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text control

I'm using a "promt user for input" function. I need the switch that initialises this promt, to remain on, so ( I think) I need a switch when pressed setting. However, when I do this I get a constant looping text box appearing. If I change the setting to latch when pressed, the box only appears once, but then the program initialised by the switch stops.

Is there any way of solving this?

Tom
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,651 Views)
could you attach your code/Block diagram pic and explain what exactly you need??
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,629 Views)
You need to define the mechanical action of the button as latch when released, so you dont get the infinite looping situation.
Message 3 of 6
(2,628 Views)

Hi, I've alredy tried that and it solves the problem of the looping box , but wont let the program run correctly. any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,621 Views)

It will be easier for us to know what's happening if you post your VI ... or a simpler version of your VI. 

Thanks,

-Khalid

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,606 Views)
Hi,

In your post you say that "I need the switch that initialises this promt, to remain on" I was just wondering why this is. If you have a prompt for user input box that pops up on the result of a switch being pressed, - where the switch stays on - you will have this looping problem.

If you can post your code, and give some information about what you are trying to do, then we can take a look and make some suggestions

Hannah
NIUK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,585 Views)