LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text control box

This is going to be an easy question, but it's been troubling me for a while.
I have a boolean switch which activates a true/false program. I want a text box to appear, saying ."please select approopiate input" (or something like that). If the user clicks ok, i.e. selecting the input, the boolean swicth runs the program. If the user clicks cancel, the boolean swicth remains false. I can create the dialog box to appear when the switch is pressed, but when i click ok or cancel, it closes then opens again creating a loop of these boxes. I don't know what to do? Any help wouild be appreciated.

thanks a lot, Tom
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,429 Views)
THis has to be simple, but there are many possibilities. Please attach your code so we can pinpoint the problem.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,419 Views)
Good morning Tom

It sounds like you have the basic functionality of your program.  However you need to set the mechanical action of the boolean to "latch when pressed".
(without your code I can't be certain but it's worth a try)
If you right click the boolean switch you use to bring up the dialog box, select mechanical action, and any latch function should work for you.
This will read the boolean value change once and then reset the switch back to False. 
This should solve your problem (if I am picturing your code correctly)

Please post back with the code if this doesn't solve the problem and I will (as I'm sure Altenbach will too) try and find a solution for you.

Thanx

AdamB
Applications Engineering Team Leader | National Instruments | UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,401 Views)
Hi Tom,

Any luck on the text box problem?
Post back if you still need assistance
Thanx

AdamB
Applications Engineering Team Leader | National Instruments | UK & Ireland