LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

teststand error states that a vi failed to load in the Labview Run-Time Engine

I am getting an error in teststand that states that a vi failed to load in the Labview Run-Time Engine version '14.0.1'

If I look at the software loaded on my system with the NI Measurement and Automation Explorer I have Labview Run Time engines for version 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, & 2014 on my system.

How do I get this VI to run on this system when it is called by test Stand?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 29
(5,292 Views)

I created a VI on my development system where I have 2014 labview and Teststand as part of the development suite.

I am calling the Labview VI from teststand which works just fine on my development system but when I copy it over to my test system where

I have loaded all of the run-time engines and I only have a teststand run license on this system, I can run the teststand but the labview gives me errors

stating " vi failed to load in the Labview Run-Time Engine version '14.0.1'"

A few of the sub VIs that I used in my VI (which are part of the Labview function panels) can't be found which is causing the error above even though I have copied the libraries over.

I can run the VI by itself but teststand is not allowing it to run when it calls this VI..

What am I missing?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 29
(5,235 Views)
Please be specific as to which VIs aren't found. The runtime does NOT include each and every VI that might be called. You might need the lvanyls dll or DAQmx functions, etc. Did you just copy the VI over or do a proper deployment?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 29
(5,231 Views)

RTE 14.0.1 is the f1 patch for 2014.  Did you install that RTE or the 2014 RTE prior to the patch?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 29
(5,220 Views)

I actually created a deployment that loaded all of the run time engines and I also copied the VIs that weren't found

which were: niDMM Initialize, niDMM Configure Measurement Digits, niDMM Close, niDMM Get Measurement Period, & niDMM Read.

I have attached VI if this helps.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 29
(5,186 Views)
And what hardware drivers did you include when deploying? It is not enough to just copy the VIs.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 29
(5,182 Views)

The RTE 14.0 was loaded as part of my deployment and after I ran this I got an update notice for the F1 patch which I also loaded.

I do not have labview loaded on this system, only the run time engines from running my deployment.

When I launch t he teststand sequence, when it calls the labview VI, I get the following error moessage:

Error: Failed to load VI 'C:\builds\RelayVoltageMeaure.vi' in the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine version '14.0.1'. LabVIEW: The VI is not executable. This error may occur because the VI is either broken or contains a subVI that LabVIEW cannot locate. Select File>>Open to open the VI and verify that you can run it. VI Path: C:\builds\RelayVoltageMeaure.vi[Error Code: -17600, Failed to load a required step's associated module. ]

I have attached the teststand sequence if this helps.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 29
(5,179 Views)
You haven't answered my question. The dmm requires that you install its driver and this has nothing to do with the rte you installed.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 29
(5,177 Views)

yesterday I noticed that the niMAX did not display all the devices in my PXI rack so I loaded the

NI Device Drivers August 2014 Software DVD.

Once this was done, I had nearly a days worth of updates to download and install.

Now my niMAX now shows all the devices in my PXI rack:

niMAX hardware.jpg

If I run the Vi on this system it give me the following error:

RCL.vi error.jpg

If I run the executable it doesn't error but it doesn't toggle the relays on my test system that is connected either.

Finally, If I enter the niMAX test panels and toggle the digital output lines of the PXX-6341 the relays on my test system toggle.

What am I missing?

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 29
(5,167 Views)

I've seen this one when I've built VIs in one RunTime and the Deployed version doesn't match. (i.e VI compiled in LabVIEW 2011 SP1 and my TestStand environment has LabVIEW2011.). Works fine in development but chokes in TestStand. I would suggest forced recompile and redeploy with RTE.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 29
(5,166 Views)