LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

testing used nachi 8608 robot with ni controls

Hello,im an engineering student working with a used Nachi 8608 industrial robot. Robots original control systems are no longer functional.i hope to control the robot via a pc based system . i need a I/O module with 18 outputs and

18 inputs and a supporting NI pci card. can anyone name such a ni pci card and I/O module please? and i need robot to memorise its path recorded in X,Y,Z  format (or in a 3d path). can you give me an idea how to do that

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,527 Views)

That's "nachi" typical LabVIEW question. More of a hardware issue.

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,500 Views)

Does the Nachi interface digital or analog I/O? Could you expand on what you mean by wanting the robot to memorize its position? Will you be getting information about the robot's position from the robot or do you want to save the robot position information that you will be sending to the robot? I'm not familiar with how this robot works.

Rohama K.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,474 Views)

This robot has six incrimental type rotary encoders.Nachi interface is digital.Memorising means i want to store some specific location values (taken through rotary encoders) during teaching mode and in operation mode ,i want  the robot to move to those pre programmed positions. These encoder values may represent the robots 3d moving path.can you please help me here?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,447 Views)

Go to the NI Data Acquisition products website. 

Narrow your search my clicking on Digital I/O Channels and selecting "At least 32"

Also, under Form Factor, select PCI.

You should see many products that meet your 18 digital input, 18 digital output requirement. Depending on what other specifications you want, you can select the device that works for your application. 

Hope this helps!

Rohama K.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,437 Views)