From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

techno isel

Hi,

I have some VIs from Techno ISEL (or actually from the German mother company ISEL automation) to control their stepper motors. Unfortunately I have some problems to understand the VIs. Has anybody used these VIs before?
All VIs send a "U32" data singal to their output wire. What kind of singal is that? The controller of the stepper motor needs a string data signal via the serial port of the computer... What do I have to do to get the right Signal to the serial port? 

Steve
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,732 Views)
Hi Steve,

I am not sure which device you are actually working with or what VIs you have received so it is hard for me to tell you exactly how they are working. I do know that U32 data is a 32 bit unsigned which means it is numerical data. If you are working with a Serial you will need to pass String data to it, as you have said. As for how to right the correct type of signal I am not sure this information should be found in your device's manual. If you do not know the types of calls that your device responds to I would suggest contacting the manufacturer so that you can get the manual or more information about this. If you have futher questions please post more information about your exact device type and where you received the VIs from exactly. Thanks

Regards
Krista S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,715 Views)