LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tds2012

You are right, I don't have the optional communications TDS2CMA module, but I have a 2MEM module, it has a RS232 and Centronics connectors. TEK told me that this module can also be used for communication with RS232. Also, I used the RS232 port directly, but the same error appeared. I do not know how to solve this problem.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(1,578 Views)
Since you say you can communicate with the NiMAX, I guess the cable you use should be correct. May be you do not try the getting started vi, instead you try other simple driver vi like initialize.vi and restart.vi and etc.
------------------------------------------------------------------
When you feel sad, laugh
Message 12 of 21
(1,574 Views)
The manual doesn't mention the 2MEM only the TDS2CMA when setting up remote communication with the instrument. But thats not to say the 2MEM can't be used for that purpose.

Were you able to communicate with the scope using NI-MAX and running an *IDN? command?

Just because you can see the COM port listed doesn't mean that its working in NI-MAX. You would need to use the Test Panel for COM6 (assuming thats the right com port for you)

Goto to Page 134 in TDS1000/TDS2000-Series Digital Oscilloscope User Manual. It tells you the procedure to connect up your PC to your scope using an RS232 cable.

Do a bit of reading, make sure you have the right bits and pieces to do the job. Come back to us with lots of detail on what you know and have tried so far. This should be pretty straight forward if you have all the pre-requisites. My guess is that you don't have the right RS232 cable. Let us know how you are getting on.

David

Message Edited by David Crawford on 05-10-2006 11:40 AM

Message Edited by David Crawford on 05-10-2006 11:43 AM

Message 13 of 21
(1,572 Views)
Thanks for you help.
I can communicate with the scope using NI-MAX and running an *IDN? command?.attached is the results. I use the right cable(RS232, COM1) with the oscillograph, and I tested with the Microsoft Windows Hyperterminal, it was OK.
A strange thing is when I open the Getting startted vi, a message will appear, (attached picture), I do not know whether it is because I used the VISA3.2?
Thanks again
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(1,559 Views)

OK things are looking up. The error is saying that the Initialise is in Version 8 and you are using Version 6.1. You need to go back to the driver download link I supplied earlier and download the zipped driver file for Labview 6.0. You must have downloaded and installed the Labview 8.0 version.

Sort that out and I think you will be in position to retry the Getting Start.vi.

cheers

David

Message 15 of 21
(1,548 Views)
today I met another problem, when I run max, a error appeared, I uninstalled it and re-installed, but the error still on. I do not know what;s wrong with it because I never met such problem
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(1,530 Views)

Sorry I don't know what that is. However, I searched ni.com and found this http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B049A49275D311D186256F69007A8928. Maybe that will help with your issue.

David

Message 17 of 21
(1,509 Views)
I find sometimes Max can run properly, but sometimes it will take a long time and appear a error. when the Max can run properly, everything is OK, but I can not run the Getting started vi.I was puzzled
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(1,507 Views)
I agree very puzzling. Are you trying to run the Getting Start.vi while you have the VISA Test Panel running? The Getting Started.vi won't work because the Test Panel has locked the com port visa resource. If so, close down NI-MAX and try the Getting Started.vi again.
Message 19 of 21
(1,502 Views)
I guess I have two Max in my system, because I find two nimax.exe in my processing list. but I can only uninstall one of them, and after I uninstall one, another one will be not seen. can you tell me a way to completely uninstall the Max?
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(1,498 Views)