LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tcp state machine trigger

I don't have LV 2012 installed. Can you save it for an earlier version and repost.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(677 Views)

You're on the right track, but why do you have a TCP open and a TCP listen in the same VI? 

You will want to have one of your programs have the TCP open, the other have the TCP listen. They will both need TCP reads and writes because they are writing to each other. However, your interprocess (queue) communication seems to be on the right track. I only took a glance at it, and didn't look at it in detail. Others may have more suggestions but right now I unfortunately don't have time to get into all the details. Keep plugging away, you'll figure it out. Smiley Wink

Edit: Put the release queue after the merge errors. This ensures both loops will be done using the queue before you release it.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(674 Views)

I uploaded a LV2010 version as well, let me know. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(667 Views)

I am still working on this, I am using a cluser to send some data along with the enum to the statemachine. I still cant figure out the best way on how to order both the queue for de-queuing and en-queuing along with the TCP Read/Write in both .vi's. 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(633 Views)

@dbrittain wrote:

I am still working on this, I am using a cluser to send some data along with the enum to the statemachine. I still cant figure out the best way on how to order both the queue for de-queuing and en-queuing along with the TCP Read/Write in both .vi's. 

Do you have a more recent example of what you have tried?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(609 Views)