LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

table, matrix or numeric controls ?

Hi guys,

I got a new doubt, and i want some tips for this issue: i need to do something like the image i'm attaching, and those fields in the white gaps should come from a cluster, but in this table, i have to make them editable 1 by 1 for the user, which means, they can't be as an indicator only. They should be an indicator and a controller at the same time, and worse then that, they have to be editable 1 by 1, which means they have to be independent from each other. So far, i haven't figured out, how should i do it. So i will attach what i've done so far.

Any good tip is welcome.

Thanks all in advance.

TN
Currently using LV 8.5
logo
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(3,123 Views)

Do you have a "doubt" or a question?

Do you want each column (segment 1, 2, 3, 4) to be independent of each other?  What are you ultimately trying to do with this data?

I doubt you want to use a matrix at all.  You probably just need the right combination of arrays and clusters.  Perhaps you want a cluster where you have each of those items as an element in a cluster, then a 1-D array of that cluster where each element of the array represents a segment.

The array of clusters can be a control.  And if you want to change a value in it programmatically, then you can use a local variable.  You would probably also want to store the current values in a shift register to maintain them from iteration to iteration of the while loop.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(3,095 Views)

Yes, i want to avoid using the matrix. Still, my problem is in how should i do each of the fields being controlled independently.

1st of all, those fields should appear filled after the user put his values on cluster 1 and 2, but after in another tab, this "table" will appear showing all users selections, in this part it's all ok, but i have to alow the user to change which of the values independently if he wants. In another words, cluster 1 and 2, will provide the standart values for each line of the table, but if the user is not satisfied for some reason, it has to allow him to change each value.

Tell me if you don't get my point, please.

Thanks

TN
Currently using LV 8.5
logo
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(3,066 Views)
I'm not making any claims that this is bug free.  But it should give you ideas as to what you can do.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(3,055 Views)

That's exactly what i was looking for, let me just test it in the main VI and see if it's up to the task.

I will leave some feedback later today.

Thanks Raven

TN
Currently using LV 8.5
logo
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(3,046 Views)

Hi again Ravens,

I got a few doubts, 1st of all, the values to fill the fields of the table (array), should come from formulas instead of directly from the cluster. The values of the clusters should go for the formulas and only after, those values should be used to fill the array you did. How should i do that? And is there a way to control the number of columns with a field? I want to do the same kind of control that the index of the array does, but from a field that the user choose. 

Thanks for your support.

TN
Currently using LV 8.5
logo
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(3,015 Views)

Why do you have "doubts"?  All of those things can be done.  Or do you mean you have questions about how to do it.

Sure you can use formulas to determine specific values.  You would use the Bundle by Name to take the particular cluster element you are working on to change its value to whatever comes out of the formula.

You can hide array index selector so a user can index it out to unused array element and start entering new data.  You can use a property node of the array called "NumCols" to programatically set how many columns are shown.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(3,007 Views)

Yes, with doubts, i mean i have some questions how to do it, or that i don't know how to do it. Sorry for my english, i'm portuguese. And i'm also new with labview, so many of my questions might be pretty obvious to you. Well, i tried to do what you told me so, but i dunno how to input that control to the property node. I'm attaching what i've done.

Thanks again.

TN
Currently using LV 8.5
logo
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(3,003 Views)

I see a number of times people use the word "doubt" when they actually mean "question".  A question means "I don't know something, can you explain it".  A doubt means "I don't believe it".

See attachment.  You can change the property node to Write.  Then with a control (I created a new event case) you can change the number of columns showing.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(3,000 Views)
That will set the number of columns shown, but when i set some values to the cluster, only the 1st column gets them, the other columns are clean and i can't edit them. How can i solve that?
TN
Currently using LV 8.5
logo
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(2,993 Views)