From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tab control with a case structure

I am having trouble getting my tab control to work with case structure. I have 4 tabs that i want displayed on my front panel, each with a separate graph. When I click on any tab besides the first one there is nothing shown on the graph. I think i have some wiring issues. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,276 Views)

Merging the tab control with the signals and then wiring that to a case statement makes absolutely no sense. Trying to wire the case selector boolean to a graph makes even less sense.

Do not merge the tab control with anything. Do not place case statements inside your outer case statement. Just place the graph inside the outer case statement and wire the signal to it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,266 Views)

I don't think you need the inner case structures or the merge signal functions.  The way you have it wired, you will have to click on the correct tab BEFORE you run the program.  This is because you are only populating one graph due to your case structure being wired to the tab selector.

Alternately, you could eliminate the outer case structure and populate all the graphs, then just click on the tab of your choice to see each graph.

>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,263 Views)

Interesting VI. But, what do want to do?

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,262 Views)

The whole ting seems to be infected by a bad case of the "express VI abuse" syndrome. Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by t06afre on 04-20-2009 05:20 PM

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,256 Views)

vt92 wrote:

I don't think you need the inner case structures or the merge signal functions.  The way you have it wired, you will have to click on the correct tab BEFORE you run the program.  This is because you are only populating one graph due to your case structure being wired to the tab selector.

Alternately, you could eliminate the outer case structure and populate all the graphs, then just click on the tab of your choice to see each graph.

how would i go about doing that?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,249 Views)
Make your block diagram look like this:
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,231 Views)

See also this and this discusion. Most of the time, tab controls don't need any code. 😄

(You also have a couple of breakpoints (one on the entire diagram and one on the while loop). Make sure you remove them. Look for the red outlines.

Message 8 of 8
(4,206 Views)