From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system halt after my program run

infoI make a program by LabVIEW 6i. The program function is that firstly it get data from OPC server by network, secondly to send command by RS-232. But the program do not run correctly. some information as follows:

1. computer: advantech industrial PC, CPU: P3-800(intel), memory:128M, HD:20G, display memory:4M(ATI), net crad: 3Com(3c905,10-100M)

2. system: windows NT4.0 workstation with SP4 (chinese), LabVIEW 6i

3. OPC: server: citect.opc (citect is automation & industrial software),
client: labVIEW.opc

4. some phenomena: when the program run after 4-5 hours or 10-12 hours, system halt and show that visual memory is shortage(visual memory of system is 160M).

I do not know why it is, need you help.

thanks
in advance.

Liu Weixing
2001/10/23
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,392 Views)
Can't open your attachment because it's not a VI but I would look at array construction and references always being created and never closed. Good luck.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,392 Views)
Dennis,

He's zipped it up. Unzip it, and you'll get a .llb. Open the .llb, and open the main.vi.

Mark
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,392 Views)
hi

can you tell me your e-mail? I wish to get you help.

Liu Weixing
2001/10/25

my e-mail:wxliu163@sh163.net
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,392 Views)
Two suggestion you might try:

1. Update your video monitor to the latest version.

2. Put a small delay (around 10 to 100 ms) in all your For and While Loops (including sub VIs). To create a delay, use the the 'Wait' sub VI in the Time & Dialog sub palette. This will force LabVIEW to pause momentarily and let Windows do other stuff....

Chris_Mitchell
Product Development Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,392 Views)