From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system exec subvi. can't access block diagram for positioning

Solved!
Go to solution

OK I am back!

my first issue is that for some reason I can no longer attach files here for you all to see...Robot Frustrated

Second and more to the point is how can I tell the system exec.vi to open where I want it too when access to the block diagram is password protected and I can't seem to make any property nodes for the vi either.

I am using this vi to call the OSK (on screen keyboard) for touch screen panel.

I would have sample to show but see number one...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,054 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gearmiester

It sounds to me that you want to position the osk and that means access to the block diagram is irrelevant.

To position the program you are starting, try this.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,033 Views)

Thanks Dennis - againSmiley Happy

after posting i made an executible of the project as it stood and put it on my touch panel.

I found that it called it OK and I could just moveit around and resize it as i wanted, just once. then whenever i called up the OSK it was where i left it and the same size.

While this may be a small pain to the end user, I think i will keep it like that for now and just let whoever they are deal with it as part of the initial program protocol.

but what about not being able to add attachments here? do I need an adult?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,022 Views)

There have been periodic problems with attachments. It seems to be browser dependent. I use Chrome without issues and I believe most of the problems have been associated with IE. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,015 Views)