From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system.drawing.dll not found after compiling

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to use GDI Resize.vi in my application. This VI uses .NET. I am using LabView 2012 with application builder. In the development system, it runs great. However, after I compile it and try to run it, it can't find the system.drawing.dll. Finding and selecting it gives me an error saying it can't find it. I'm not really a programmer but I'm comfortable using LabView. Is there something I need to do to use this .NET dll? I have used other .Net dlls with no problem. Any Help would be appreciated.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,262 Views)

By the way, I'm using Windows 7 64 LabView 2012 32.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,253 Views)

I just tried your project in LV2015 (Oldest I have on this machine)

I had to change the path to the image file to match my location. 

After recompiling the EXE, it just ran.  I didn't make any other changes. 

I backsaved to 2012 and re-uploaded here for comparison.

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
Message 3 of 5
(2,223 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JackTK

Yeah. It turns out that I should read more carefully. In my search for the problem, I came across a topic that directed me to an article "Loading .NET 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 Assemblies in LabVIEW". I read the first part and it really didn't seem like the issue I was having so I dismissed it. This morning I came across it again and read the whole thing. It turns out that LabVIEW likes .NET 3.5 and Older. I am running 4.6. I literally just cut and pasted the config in the article and Voila, my application works. Thanks for the response. I'm guessing you are running .NET 3.5? I'm going to give you a Kudos for the effort and quick reply.

Message 4 of 5
(2,216 Views)

Hello Jack,

Glad to hear you were able to find a solution.

Looks like I have v3.5 and v4.0.30319 on this machine. 

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,207 Views)